*Review best according to redakciey. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective in nature, is not an advertisement, and does not serve as a guide to purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Winter is the best time to have fun at the ice rink. In addition, today there are more and more indoor ice rinks with artificial ice, which can be used at any time of the year, despite the weather outside the window. There are quite a lot of different playgrounds in Moscow: outdoor, indoor, children’s, hockey, and professional. In total, there are more than 1000 of them in the capital. The average cost of visiting an ice rink is about 300 rubles for a regular ticket and 150 rubles for a children’s ticket. On weekends and especially holidays, the price of admission to the ice rink increases by 20-30%. In addition, almost all ice rinks offer 30% discounts and even free admission for privileged categories of the population. Rental of skates and other equipment, as a rule, is paid hourly and costs an average of 200 rubles/hour. As a Deposit for the equipment, identity documents are required, or a refund of the cost in monetary terms (from 1000 to 2000 rubles).
Rating of the best ice rinks in Moscow
|Rating of the best ice rinks in Moscow||1||GUM skating rink on Moscow’s red square||4.9|
|2||BMW skating rink 354 on the roof of the OKO skyscraper in Moscow||4.8|
|3||Factory of happy people in Gorky Park||4.8|
|4||The Rink ice complex in Moscow||4.8|
|5||Ice rink in the Hermitage garden»||4.7|
|6||Silver ice skating rink»||4.7|
|7||Ice rink in Skazka Park||4.7|
|8||Ice rink “Beautiful” in Moscow||4.7|
|9||Ice rink on Chistye Prudy||4.6|
|10||Ice rink in Sokolniki»||4.6|
|11||Ice rink “City of winter at VDNH”, Moscow||4.5|
|12||The ice Palace of sports “Krylatskoe»||4.5|
|13||Metelitsa ice rink in Babushkinsky Park||4.5|
|14||Ice rink in Tagansky Park||4.5|
|15||Ice rink in Ostankino Park||4.4|
|16||Indoor ice rink in Vegas shopping Mall»||4.4|
GUM skating rink on Moscow’s red square
GUM-skating rink on red square, with a unique design design and a fabulous sparkling installation, rightfully occupies the first line of our rating. The ice rink starts its work from the end of November-beginning of December and is open every day, except for closed sessions and days when mass sports tournaments and competitions are held.
The arena, with a total area of 3000 sq. m., can freely accommodate up to 450 people on the ice. Tickets are sold at the ticket office and online on the website. It is better to print out an electronic ticket in advance and then present it for entry.
Those who have just got on the ice can take advantage of individual lessons, which are paid separately, in addition to the entrance to the rink, at a rate of 1500R/hour. You can change your shoes and leave your belongings in the warm and comfortable changing room, on the territory of the skating rink, where there are free boxes for shoes and backpacks. There is also an equipment rental point near the rink, where you can rent skates at a rate of 300 rubles/pair for adults and 250 rubles/pair for children. By the way, the skates provided for rent are quite new.
GUM skating rink is located in a very atmospheric place. There are many beautiful places for selfies and very good lighting, especially at night. At the rink, you can use the services of a photographer, for one photo printed on the spot, you will need to pay 600 rubles., it is also allowed to take self-photography.
The rink will host a wide variety of events throughout the season: exhibitions, fairs and Curling tournaments where even ordinary visitors can compete at the same level as professionals. Open master classes in figure skating by Yuri Ovchinikov and ice hockey by Alexey Yashin will be held from December to February.
- Price: mon – – Fri. from 10.00 to 14.00-admission is free; from 16.00 to 23.30-400 rubles. (200 rubles for children). On sat. – sun. : from 10.00 to 11.30-free of charge; from 11.00 to 23.30-500 rubles.
- The skating rink is open from 10.00 to 23.30 seven days a week, by sessions: 10.00 — 11.00, 11.30 — 12.30, 13.00 — 14.00, 14.30 — 15.30, 16.00 — 17.00, 17.30 — 18.30, 19.00 — 20.00, 20.30 — 21.30, 22.00 — 23.30.
- Contact phone number: +7495788 43 43.
- Website: gumrussia.com/rink/
- Address: Moscow, Red Square. Metro station “Ploshchad Revolyutsii”, “Okhotny Ryad”, “Kitay-Gorod”.
BMW skating rink 354 on the roof of the OKO skyscraper in Moscow
A unique ice rink located on the 86th floor of the Oko tower, a complex of skyscrapers “Moscow‐City”, takes the second step of the rating. The building, where an artificial ice platform is filled in, is the 2nd tallest in all of Europe and has a height of 354 meters. The site is not so large: it is 120 m long and 4 m wide. But the main thing is that it is located directly on the roof and offers a panoramic view of Moscow, which visitors can enjoy directly during skiing. The view is especially beautiful at night, when thousands of lights of Moscow are lit.
After plenty of ice skating, you can go for lunch in a warm cafe located directly on the territory of the rink. The complex set consists of small portions, but includes chicken soup, barbecue Burger, sweet pancakes, tea. The price of such a set is 1000 rubles.
Cost: a 1.5-hour skiing session starts from 1500 rubles (adult ticket) and starts from 750 rubles for children (7-12 years old). Children under 7 years old can ride for free. Equipment rental is included in the price of admission to the rink. Each next hour of skiing is paid additionally and costs 1000 rubles (adult ticket); 500 rubles — for children. The ice rink will be open until the beginning of March.
- Opening hours: daily from 12: 00 to 23: 59.; technical break from 16: 30 to 18: 00.
- For more information, please call: +7 (495) 777-13-30
- Website: ice rink-on-the-roof-Moscow-city.RF.
- Address: Afimall city shopping center (Vystavochnaya metro station), Presnenskaya embankment 2. Moscow.
Factory of happy people in Gorky Park
The ice rink, which in 2018 regained the title of the largest ice arena in Moscow, is on the third step of our rating. On 18 thousand square meters of smooth artificial ice, you can safely ride in any weather, up to March. For maximum convenience of visitors, the Playground is divided into three zones-children’s, hockey and mass.
The ice rink is decorated in a bright and festive way – lots of music, light and ice. The design style is industrial, with rolling pavilions stylized as workshops. One of the Central “workshops” houses the media Room Studio, where concerts and presentations are organized, contests and sweepstakes are held, DJs and popular performers perform on weekends. In addition, the Park regularly hosts guided tours and quests.
Drink hot tea or to buy something edible on three courts – two of them are on Central Avenue and the third near Pavilion 3. Only on the territory of the Park is 31 and from school, the rink where guests can enjoy European, Asian, Greek cuisine and to enjoy the traditional hot dogs, burgers, desserts, drink hot coffee and mulled wine.
The entrance fee includes access to the ice rink and use of a locker. Rent of equipment is paid separately: skates 250 rubles / pair, protection 150 rubles / set. By the opening of the season, the Park administration purchased 1,500 sets of skates, including women’s models with neon lighting.
- In watts. Thu. – sat., sun. the children’s rink are training with a professional trainer – Alexei Yagudin. Classes are absolutely free of charge, only the entrance fee is paid.
- Children’s ticket price: from 150 to 250 rubles. For adults, the ticket will cost from 350 rubles. on normal days and from 550 rubles. – on weekends. You can also rent a special hockey field. The cost of a 90-minute session starts from 10,000 rubles.
- Opening hours: the ice rink is open every day (except mon.). Tue. – Fri. – from 10.00 to 23.00, sat. – sun. — from 10.00 to 24.00. Tech. hours – from 15.00 to 17.00-every day.
- Phone: +7 (495) 995-00-20
- Website: park-gorkogo.com
- Address: Krymsky Val str., 9, Moscow.m. Park Kultury; Oktyabrskaya.
The Rink ice complex in Moscow
The fourth position among the best ice rinks in Moscow is occupied by a year-round ice rink with a high-quality professional artificial ice surface, which opened in December on the territory of SKOLKOVO. The new rink is fully compliant with NHL standards, both in size and quality of service. Here you can practice in a real professional environment. There is everything you need for this – experienced coaches with world-famous names, excellent ice, equipment rental, comfortable changing rooms equipped with everything you need.
On the 26×56 m ice hockey court, you can hold training sessions, classes, competitions, and organize ice hockey tournaments. The Playground is available for rent daily, in the morning shift – from 9.00 to 10.30, in the evening-from 21.00 to 22.30. Also on the basis of the school “hockey Academy”, classes are held to teach the game of hockey in 3 age groups: children-5-7 years, 8-12 years and adults. Training sessions are conducted under the guidance of the master of sports of international level Alexander Suglobov.
There is a special marking on the ice that allows you to hold competitions and practice Curling. Every Saturday from 16.00 to 17.00 there are training master classes with the honored master of sports Roman Kutuzov.
Fans of figure skating will also be able to attend special master classes, which are held on sat. (from 17.00 to 18.00) and sun. (from 13.30 to 14.30) or enroll in mini-groups (from 2 to 4 people), where classes are held every day.
The complex has a cafe where delicious hot dishes are presented-pizza, pancakes with fillings, author’s tea and coffee from the chefs of the SKOLKOVO Golf club restaurant. Parking is available for club guests – the first hour is free, then 100 rubles/hour.
- Ticket prices on weekdays: 400 rubles. (adult), 200 rubles. (children under 12 years); weekends – 500 rubles. (adult) and 300 rubles. (children).
- Opening hours: daily from 9.00 to 22.30.
- Phone: +7 (495) 280-37-40
- Website: therink.ru
- Address: Moscow. Odintsovo district, der. SKOLKOVO, Novaya str., 100 (on the territory of the Moscow school of management “SKOLKOVO”).
Ice rink in the Hermitage garden»
The skating rink located in the Hermitage garden, which provides two ice platforms to choose from, is ranked fifth in our expert rating. On December 8, a skating rink with an area of 4000 m2, with a natural ice surface, began to function. It is equipped with a walk-in closet, a rental pavilion and a mini-cafe with hot winter drinks and snacks. The second smaller ice rink, with an area of 900 m2, with artificial ice, began to receive guests even earlier-from November 24. Thanks to the constant operation of a special machine, the skating rink functions even in warm weather. You can rent sports equipment, change clothes, drink hot drinks and eat at the ice rink.
- Cost (without any time limit): 250 rubles / weekdays and 350 rubles / weekends. The price of skate rental for the first hour of skating is 200 rubles/hour, then-100 rubles/hour. Available in all sizes – from 25 to 47. As part of the training, regular figure skating classes are held. The cost of one individual 30-minute lesson is 1000 rubles.
- Opening hours: mon.: from 14.00 to 23.00.; Tue. – Fri. : from 12.00 to 23.00.; sat – – sun. : from 10.00 to 23.00.
- You can order tickets online at: superkatok.ru
- For more information, please call: +7 (985) 725-35-66 and +7 (967) 185-33-33.
- Address: Moscow. 3 Karetny Ryad Street. Chekhov Metro Station.
Silver ice skating rink»
The sixth position of the rating is occupied by The silver ice rink, which is one of the three largest ice platforms in Moscow. In Izmailovsky Park, two ice rinks are comfortably located at once – with artificial and natural surfaces, with a total area of 11 thousand square meters. m. in the evenings, bright illumination lights up on the rinks and rhythmic music plays.
“Silver ice” is 3300 m2 of ice with a permanent cooling system that preserves the smoothness and strength of the coating even during thawing and 8000 m2 of traditional ice coating. The rental service offers skates for the duration of your visit to the rink. Rental will cost 200 rubles / hour, there are all sizes of skates – from 27 to 47. You can Park your car in a Parking area that can accommodate up to 200 vehicles. Not far away are 9 food courts where you can have a delicious snack and relax after active entertainment on the street.
- Ticket price: 250 rubles / weekdays and 350 rubles / weekends. It is also possible to purchase a subscription for unlimited access to the rink.
- Working hours: weekdays 1st session — from 12.00 to 16.00; 2nd-from 17.00 to 22.00; weekends and holidays: 1st session-from 11.00 to 14.00; 2nd — from 15.00 to 18.00 and 3rd-from 19.00 to 22.00.
- On all questions can address by phone: 8-985-275-88-33
- Address: Moscow. Izmailovsky Park. Moskovsky Prospekt, 2. Metro Station: Shosse Entuziastov.
Ice rink in Skazka Park
The indoor ice rink in Skazka Park, located a 10-minute walk from the historical center of Moscow, falls on the seventh step of the Expertology popularity rating. The indoor Playground will offer plenty to do for both Amateurs and professionals. The 20×40 m ice rink is suitable for ice hockey sports, figure skating training sessions, as well as a variety of quests, activities, and fun activities. The ice rink is available for rent 24 hours a day, seven days a week and regardless of weather conditions. Mass skating of visitors is possible according to the approved schedule.
The Park’s infrastructure provides additional entertainment for children. There is a cinema on site where family and children’s films are shown, as well as a petting zoo, a Ferris wheel and the Magic cave Museum. In addition, Skazka Park has comfortable changing rooms, provides skate sharpening services. Not far from the skating rink there is a cafe ” Yes!Pancake”, which works all year round and broadcasts everything that happens at the ice rink through a video camera. Nearby there is Parking for 500 places (cost 150 rubles / day).
- Cost: entrance to the ice rink (no time limit) – 200 rubles, on weekends-300 rubles. Skate rental – 200 rubles, sharpening-250 rubles. The club rental price is 200 rubles/ 1ed.
- The ice rink is open from 11.00 to 19.00 mon-Fri and from 10.00 to 21.00 sat-sun.
- Phone numbers: +7 (800) 551-33-73 and +7 (495) 133-65-56
- Official website: parkskazka.com
- Address: Moscow, Krylatskaya str., 18. Krylatskaya metro Station.
Ice rink “Beautiful” in Moscow
The ice rink, made in the best new York traditions, occupies the eighth position in the popularity rating. The site is located directly at the entrance to the Krasnaya Presnya Park on Mantulinskaya street. The ice rink is a wide field with smooth artificial ice that is constantly maintained. The surface remains smooth and high-quality even in warm weather. The main attraction of the outdoor ice rink “Beautiful” is a panoramic view of Moscow city, and dance music and evening and bright lighting create a special mood.
There are vending machines with drinks and changing rooms at the equipment rental point. Daily training sessions are available for children by appointment. Group ice training sessions are held every Saturday and Sunday from 10.00 to 11.00, and after a stay in the open air, you can ride insulated electric cars or go on a modern tubing slide-attractions are very close by.
- Price: 200 rubles. (for 1.5 hours), weekend – 300 rubles. (1.5 hours). Season tickets are also provided: 5 visits for 1100 rubles, and 10 visits for 2100 rubles. Skate rental – 200 rubles / hour. Sharpening – from 200 rubles/unit.
- Opening hours: mon. – Fri. : from 10.00 to 22.00 in and sat. – sun. : from 10.00 to 23.00.
- Phone number: +7 925 887 78 85
- Address: 5 Mantulinskaya Str., bld.4. Metro: Exhibition or Business center, Moscow.
Ice rink on Chistye Prudy
One of the oldest and most legendary free ice arenas in Moscow, with an area of 12,000 m2, occupies the ninth step of the rating. The Playground is divided into 3 parts: for General skating, for playing hockey, and for beginners. In the evening, the illumination turns on, creating good lighting. For the convenience of visitors, there are rows of benches around the perimeter of the Park, where you can relax a little or change your shoes.
The only drawback is that the rink is not serviced regularly, so the quality of the surface is not too high and is unlikely to interest professional skaters. You can ride your own skates or rent them in the rental pavilion, which is located on Pokrovka street on the Bank of the pond. A number of restaurants and cafes are located not far from the skating rink. There are slides for children in the Park.
Opening hours: around the clock
Address: 12 Chistoprudny Boulevard (Chistye Prudy metro station), Moscow.
Ice rink in Sokolniki»
One of the most equipped ice facilities in Moscow ranks tenth in the rating. The quality of ice here is always the same and does not depend on the whims of the weather: a special ice build-up technology allows you to make an even coating, even if the thermometer is 15 degrees Celsius. The area of the skating rink is 5300 sq. m. in the dark, bright neon lights are lit. On Festival square, there are two points where you can rent skates. The total number of models available for rent is 1,700 pairs, including children’s, women’s and men’s models.
Special figure skating classes are organized for children (3-14 years old), divided into 2 age groups (3-7 years old), (7-14 years old). Lessons are held on mon. – Thu. from 19.00 to 20.00 and on sat. – sun. from 11.00 to 12.00.
Recently, the rink has introduced a card payment system, which includes equipment rental, access to the ice, and wardrobe services. There are also subscriptions for 10 unlimited skating rink visits (3000 rubles) and 20 (5000 rubles). figure skating classes are held Daily (except Friday). The price of a single visit is 1000 rubles., a subscription for 8 visits is 6800 rubles.
- The cost of a single session is 300 rubles., weekend (400 rubles).
- Opening hours: from 10.00 to 24.00.
- Phone: +7 (499) 39-39-222
- Address: 1 sokolnicheskiy Val str., building 1, Moscow.
Ice rink “City of winter at VDNH”, Moscow
The ice rink, named the country’s main ice rink in 2014, ranks eleventh in the rating. The ice rink has been operating for more than 50 years. In 2021, VDNKH will be transformed into a “city of Winter” with several ice platforms, a bright design installation and a wide variety of entertainment for every taste and budget.
In General, the skating rinks can accommodate up to 4,500 people, because their area is 20 thousand square meters. m. the Main site, called “flower Garden”, is located on the Main alley, between the fountains. 1,200 skaters can easily skate on 4.5 thousand square meters of ice. There is also a small ice rink for novice skaters.
Another arena with an area of 8.6 thousand square meters, where 2400 people can skate freely, is located on Promyshlennosti square. There are all kinds of entertainment for young people-extreme sports, music and movies; animation parties are held, discos are organized. But with all this great entertainment, there is one drawback that almost all visitors note — these are huge queues at the entrance and a large crowd of people at the rinks themselves.
After a frosty walk, you can go to the cafes that are enough here: “meteor”, “Tea height”, “Dymov grill”, “Lavash and meat”, Christmas Cider and many other places where you can enjoy sandwiches, khinkali, donuts and even treat yourself to tea from a real samovar.
- Cost: Tues.-PT. 250 p. 1st session; 350 p. for next.; sat.-sun. — 350 p 1; 400 p. for 2nd and 3rd. For children (7-12 years) -150 rubles (Tue. – Fri.) and 200 rubles (sat. – sun.).
- The skating rinks are open every day for sessions, with breaks of 1.5-2 hours, except Mondays: Tue. – Fri. from 11.00 to 23.00, sat. – sun. from 10.00 to 23.00.
- Website: katok.vdnh.ru
- Phone: +7 (495) 544-34-00
- Address: Prospekt Mira, 119, Moscow.
The ice Palace of sports “Krylatskoe»
The only indoor ice rink in Moscow with a skating track, 400 m long, occupies the twelfth degree of the rating. Speed skating competitions are held on the Krylatsky ice ,which means that the surface meets all the standards and has surprisingly smooth ice. The arena has zones for groups with different levels of training. The common ski area has an area of 1800 m2. There is also a Skazka figure skating school and a hockey school.
There is a rental service in the Palace building, where you can find skates, helmets, protection kits and training equipment-assistants for beginners. All inventory is paid for at the checkout and then issued at the rental point. A skate sharpening service is also available.
The skating rink is located far from the metro station, but near the sports Palace, within walking distance, there is a large, spacious Parking lot. Use of the Parking lot when buying a ticket for one session is free of charge. The sports complex also has a gym, choreographic and conference rooms.
- Cost: adult ticket — 400 rubles for a 2-hour session; 200 rubles for children. You can also purchase a subscription for 10, 15 and 20 sessions. The cost of equipment rental is 100-300 rubles.
- Opening hours: from 13.00 to 22.00.
- Phone number for inquiries: +7 (499) 140-93-29
- Address: Moscow, Krylatskaya str., 16.
Metelitsa ice rink in Babushkinsky Park
The ice rink with a lot of entertainment for small skaters takes the thirteenth position of the rating. The volume of the artificial field is 1350 m2. There is a hockey box at the rink, as well as a professional children’s figure skating training school: on Wed and sat. both paid and free classes are held for kids from 6 to 10 years old. Therefore, little skaters on the “Metelitsa” will really like it, because after the skating session, the kids will be able to go on a tour with the snow Maiden’s tower and learn how the Santa Claus post office functions. Also in Babushkinsky Park, you can ride tubing slides, visit bookcrossing pavilions and go to the 5D cinema.
Price for a 2-hour session: adults and children (from 5 years old)- 250 rubles.; beneficiaries— 150 rubles.; children with disabilities-free of charge. On weekends – 300 rubles. Rent – 150 rubles / hour, available children’s models from 25 to 35 size, women’s – from 36 to 42 size and men’s hockey-from 36 to 47. Sharpening of skates — 200 rubles/pair.
- Opening hours: from 11.00 to 22.00
- Phone: + 7 (499) 184-34-22
- Website: bapark.ru
- Address: Moscow, Menzhinsky str., 6, Babushkinskaya metro station.
Ice rink in Tagansky Park
The skating rink, with an area of 4400 sq. m., with a smooth artificial surface, located in Tagansky Park, occupies the fourteenth position of the Expertology rating. The ice rink is small and cozy. During the day on weekdays, there are almost no people here and you can enjoy a calm, measured rest or come to the ice rink with your children. In the evenings and weekends, young people mostly gather at the rink, playing active games, which, according to some visitors, can be traumatic for others.
There are free figure skating training groups, as well as training sessions for young hockey players. In the evening, the Playground lights up with a bright background light. On-site facilities include a comfortable changing room and equipment rental. There is also a mobile cafe nearby where you can buy snacks with hot drinks and a family-friendly Anderson cafe.
- Price: adult ticket – 300 rubles (350 rubles for holidays and weekends); children (7-12 years old) – 200 rubles. Skate rental – 250 rubles / hour per pair.
- Ice rink opening hours: daily from 10.00 to 23.00. Technical break from 15.00 to 17.00.
- Phone: phone: +7 (495) 912-27-17
- Address: Moscow, Taganskaya str., 40-42, Tagansky Settlement, Taganskaya metro Station.
Ice rink in Ostankino Park
The ice rink, which operates on a free basis, with a total area of 1,800 square meters, occupies the fifteenth step of our rating. Entrance with your own skates is completely free. At the same time, you can stay on the rink without any time restrictions. Rental of necessary equipment is also provided on site. You can change your shoes in a warm, well-equipped changing room, and leave your shoes and extra items safely in the equipped storage areas. At night, the entire site is well lit. If necessary, you can visit the point of sharpening skates, use the services of a qualified instructor for an additional fee, warm up in a cozy cafe or buy hot drinks from the vending machine.
- Cost: free of charge, skate rental – 250 rubles.
- Opening hours: mon – – Fri. from 10.00 to 22.00; sat. – sun. From 10.00 to 23.00.
- Website: vdnh.ru/map/8925/
- Address: located at 1st Ostankinskaya street behind the Parking lot. m. Telecenter; m. VDNKH. Moscow.
Indoor ice rink in Vegas shopping Mall»
The year-round indoor ice rink in Crocus city, with an area of 600 m2, closes our rating. In the shopping center, you can not only go ice skating with a breeze, but also make the necessary purchases, relax with a Cup of coffee in the cafe “Hollywood” or visit the Park with a variety of entertainment for the whole Happylon family. All day long, they play Amateur hockey at the rink, just skate with friends, or learn figure skating. For those who have just decided to get on the ice, classes with a qualified coach are available . a 30-minute lesson will cost 950 rubles. you will have to pay 1,450 rubles for an hour.