With the advent of new technologies, parents no longer need to constantly run to the nursery to check if the baby is in order. If earlier the monitoring was carried out only by sound, now there is a possibility of video monitoring using a baby monitor. Given that the device has recently come into use, not everyone knows which baby monitor to choose for the home. To make it easier to make a decision, we have prepared a rating of the best baby monitors in different price categories.
How to use a baby monitor
This device consists of two parts, one of which serves as a video camera, the other as a monitor. To install the device, you need to:
- attach a child block (video camera) so, to create the necessary review for yourself
- it is advisable to check the shooting angle immediately during installation to make sure that you will see everything you need
- check if the baby can accidentally move or push the device
- test the sound and recording quality
Parts of the device are connected wirelessly, but it is important to know the range of signal reception.
Best low-cost baby monitors
When deciding how to choose a baby monitor, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics::
- camera power indicators
- signal type used: analog or digital
- power supply method
- the size of the monitor
- number of additional options
At the same time, everyone decides for themselves exactly what functions they need. If you only need the surveillance option, you don’t need to pay too much for additional features. Below are inexpensive baby monitors that perfectly cope with their main task of monitoring the child.
1. Motorola MBP421
A standard instrument with a digital signal that can be used at any time of the day. It is activated by voice, controls the exit from the action zone with an audio signal, and has two-way communication. If you still do not know which company is better than a baby monitor with a standard set of functions, this model will be an excellent solution for your money.
- low price, which is available for most parents
- availability of additional functions
- ability to enable night mode
- fast battery discharge
2. Alcatel Baby Link 500
A good baby monitor with night mode, additionally equipped with a thermometer and night light. Thanks to the thermometer, you can easily control the air temperature in the room, and the pleasant light of the night light will not disturb the sweet children’s sleep. The presence of a battery allows you to stay in touch with your child even outside the home. This model is worth paying attention to for parents who want to get a standard set of functions for a small price.
- best value for money
- the camera has a rotary mode that allows you to keep most of the room under surveillance
- recorded lullabies that can be switched from the parent block
- not detected
Best baby monitors with a large screen
In this category, you should search for those parents who want to get a better overview of the nursery. The presence of a wide monitor is a distinctive feature of these models. It provides increased parental control. Below are the most popular models of baby monitors with a wide screen.
1. Switel BCF930
A good baby monitor with a motion sensor and a rotary camera. Equipped with two-way communication, built-in thermometer and night light. The audio playback volume can be adjusted. This is especially convenient when there are two babies in the family and one of them is sleeping, and the other needs to be monitored.
- reasonable price, available to almost any parent
- a large number of additional functions that ensure a comfortable use of the device
- wide screen for a wide view
- unable to attach to the bed
2. Ramili Baby RV700
High-quality baby monitor with automatic rotation of the camera for the movement of the child, which can be controlled remotely. Supports memory card, there is a list of lullabies and night vision function. This stylish gadget will harmoniously complement any children’s room, helping in the care of its little owner.
- a large number of additional options
- beautiful design that fits seamlessly into the interior of the children’s room
- night vision function
- memory card support
- two-way communication and remote control
- the high cost
Best baby monitors with night mode (night vision)
At night, when the child’s sleep is particularly long, it is extremely important not to leave him unattended. In order not to teach the baby to sleep in the light, you should think about buying baby monitors with night vision function. With this device, you can be sure that when you open your eyes, you will always see a clear picture of your child sleeping in another room. Below are the most popular models that support this feature.
1. Samsung SEW-3043W
The brightest baby monitor according to parents ‘ reviews. Perfectly conveys the image quality, even in night mode. When choosing a Samsung baby monitor, you will get the maximum range, two-way communication with your child, and a list of additional options. The device is compact in size, with a fairly capacious battery that provides up to 5 hours of offline operation.
- long range, which allows you to safely leave the house
- the same brightness of image transmission in both day and night mode
- long battery life (convenient for relaxing)
- the touchscreen on the parent block screen doesn’t work well
- the child unit does not have a separate battery (it only works from the mains).)
2. Ramili Baby RV900
If you want to choose the best baby monitor with an additional night mode, you should pay attention to this model. The bright screen of the device transmits the image with such clarity that you can see when your child opens or closes his eyes. From the parent unit, you can control not only the camera itself, but also lullabies that will sound in the children’s room.
- very bright color reproduction
- a sensitive motion sensor that responds to any movement of the baby
- high-definition image
- convenient remote control function
- small battery capacity on the parent unit
Best baby monitors with vibration for deaf parents
For kids who have a particularly sensitive sleep, models with the ability to vibrate when an alarm occurs instead of an audible signal are presented. At the same time, parents can be sure that the alarm will not break the silence and will not Wake the child. Basically, such devices were developed specifically for deaf parents. The most popular models with this feature are listed below.
1. Miniland Digimonitor 3.5” plus
The best premium baby monitor, which is equipped with all the necessary functions. The range of action up to 300 m allows you not to lose contact with the child even when leaving the house, thanks to a special built-in antenna. In addition to the advanced functionality, the device will please with the number of accessories. In the kit you will find a bag for carrying the “nanny” and its storage, a flexible tripod for the camera and a ribbon around the neck.
- large battery capacity (up to 8 hours of continuous operation)
- high image quality
- a large number of additional functions
- a range of 300 meters
- not detected
2. Motorola MBP36S
A model with the best ratio of cost and functionality, as evidenced by numerous reviews from parents. Despite the low price, the device has all the necessary functions and a fairly high quality. The camera with rotation function is optimal for older children who move freely around the room. Two-way communication and a digital signal ensure uninterrupted communication with the child.
- low price
- wide functionality
- availability of the camera rotation function
- high level of communication
- not detected
Best baby monitors with the breathing sensor and Wi-Fi
For the most restless parents, baby monitors with a breath sensor have been developed, which allow you to track not only the baby’s behavior, but also his well-being. This is an extremely useful feature that provides an increased level of security. Below is the best baby monitor with a wi-fi module and a breath sensor, which is equipped with all the existing options to date.
1. AngelCare AC1100
A model with crystal-clear sound and enhanced image clarity. The main feature of this baby monitor with a breath monitor is the presence of a special Mat, which, located under the baby’s mattress, performs the function of a breath sensor. The waiting time limit is 20 seconds. If the device does not detect children’s breathing during this time, an alarm signal is sent to the parent unit. Thanks to this function, the mother can monitor from her room without worrying about the baby’s condition.
- high quality audio and images
- ability to switch the device to vibration mode
- presence of the parent block search button on the camera
- the breath sensor cannot be turned off
- small range of action
Which baby monitor is best to buy
When deciding which baby monitor to buy for your child, you should start with several indicators. First of all, you should determine exactly what functions you need. If you need a “babysitter” for a small child who spends most of his time in the crib, do not overpay for additional options. And for those parents who want to get devices with advanced functionality, in the rating presented, you can find reviews of suitable models in various price categories.