Computer peripherals can be different. If you work in an office, then you do not need advanced mice, because their capabilities will simply not be revealed. But in computer games, you can only act at the maximum of your abilities with good keyboards and mice. However, do not run to the store and madly take the most expensive solution, hoping that it will make you a Pro. In fact, the best gaming mice need to match the user’s style and needs, as well as their chosen discipline. In this Top, we will look at 12 of the most popular models for different tasks.
Which company’s gaming mouse is better to choose
Of course, the characteristics of the periphery are important for making the right choice. However, first of all, for a large part of consumers, the manufacturer is important. One way or another, the pricing policy and quality within the same brand are approximately the same. And if we evaluate all companies according to these criteria, we can single out the top five manufacturers:
- Razer.A company that only people who are far from computers don’t know. The mice of this manufacturer are very functional and quite high-quality. However, for gamers with a limited budget, they are definitely not suitable.
- Logitech.Perhaps no less, and even more popular company, because the range of its products is much more extensive. If we talk specifically about mice, they are reliable and delight in convenience. The best models of the brand are also quite expensive.
- A4Tech.Another well-known company. We are sure that almost every one of our readers owned at least one model from the rich assortment of the Taiwanese manufacturer. A good balance of price and features is the main trump card of A4Tech.
- ASUS.Another manufacturer is originally from Taiwan. First of all, the brand is known for its other products. But his mice are also quite popular among consumers. The range of ASUS mice is rich both in price and characteristics.
- SteelSeries.The youngest company in this list, whose activity began in 2001. The Danish brand actively cooperates with professional gamers not only in terms of promotion, but also in the process of creating its products.
TOP 12 best gaming mice 2021
Let’s be honest, we just love to play. Some of our editors prefer to blow off the heads of enemies in shooters, others prefer to dilute the shooting with a fascinating story, and still others prefer purebred RPGs with excellent variability. Therefore, we approached the list of the best “rodents” very carefully. Of course, we also selected mice based on reviews. But an impressive part of the top 12 models are actively used at work or home computers by our authors.
1. A4Tech A60 Black USB
Many users who need a cheap mouse with good functionality and decent build quality prefer A4Tech products. And this decision is quite justified, since it is difficult to find a decent alternative on the market. In addition, A4Tech itself is a kind of inexpensive Razer analog, which can be traced both in the characteristics and in the design of the devices produced by the company.
The A60 model is a stylish gaming mouse with a strict appearance and original illumination, which can be controlled in proprietary SOFTWARE. True, the glow settings are not very flexible, but for a budget model this is excusable. You can also change the purpose of both the main and additional buttons in the app.
- colorful corporate design;
- a lot of extra buttons;
- the resolution of 4000 dpi;
- it is possible to adjust the sensitivity;
- 1000 Hz polling rate;
- stylish lighting.
- to unlock all the possibilities, you need to buy additional software;
- somewhat damp SOFTWARE.
2. Qcyber Aurora Black USB
If someone in the mouse rating can beat A4Tech in terms of the ratio of functionality and quality to the requested price, then this is the Russian brand Qcyber. The Aurora model has 7 keys and customizable backlighting (11 modes). The mouse is perfectly assembled, and its resolution can be changed from a minimum of 1000 to a maximum of 7000 dpi. The case of the Qcyber mouse is made of prehensile matte plastic, and its 180 cm long cable has not only a braid, but also a ferrite filter that eliminates interference.
- high resolution;
- a variety of lighting;
- the buttons have a large stroke, which is very convenient;
- high-quality cable;
- excellent coverage of the mouse;
- Teflon legs.
3. A4Tech Bloody J90 Black USB
The best computer mouse from A4Tech in the price category up to one and a half thousand rubles. The main advantages of the Bloody J90 include an excellent design, fast response in just 1 millisecond, and metal legs on the bottom. The body of this model is made of high-quality plastic, and its side faces are covered with rubber.
Bloody J90 has RGB lighting with 15 zones and 5 preset effects. But you can also download additional versions made by other players.
By the way, in the reviews of the A4Tech mouse, they scold mainly for the side faces. No, they are comfortable and durable, but at first they give off rubber (and after prolonged use, the smell remains even on your fingers). But the “rodent” is completely symmetrical, so not only right-handers can buy this model, but also left-handers.
- a good build;
- good ergonomics;
- the full symmetry;
- small dimensions;
- setting up the backlight;
- the accuracy of the sensor;
- excellent response speed.
- unpleasant smell of rubber.
4. Logitech G G102 Prodigy Black USB
A great budget mouse model from Logitech, which can be recommended to those customers who are looking for a high-quality solution for use in games and everyday tasks. The G102 Prodigy is characterized by a laconic design, and the gamer orientation is hinted at here only by a thin strip of RGB illumination around the perimeter of the case (the line logo on the device also glows).
The G Pro model, which looks similar to the G102 Prodigy, is also available on the market. The only difference is the cable, which is enclosed in a braid, and also equipped with a filter and a tie with Velcro for adjusting the length. As for the parameters, there are not too many differences here-the weight increased by 1.5 times and the resolution is 12,000 dpi instead of 8000.
The shape of the Logitech mouse is almost symmetrical. This makes it somewhat disappointing that there are additional buttons only on the left side, which makes the mouse convenient only for right-handers. In addition to the forward/backward keys, there are also 2 main buttons and a scroll wheel with notches. Next to it is the DPI toggle button.
- cost from 1500 rubles;
- convenient proprietary software;
- dpi adjustment from 200 to 8000;
- well-developed SOFTWARE;
- high-quality sensor;
- the beautiful responsiveness of the buttons;
- concise customizable lighting.
- not suitable for left-handed users;
- the button clicks are too loud.
5. COUGAR Revenger Black USB
Although COUGAR is not very well known to consumers in the former Soviet Union, it is not the first time that IT has enjoyed a well-deserved popularity among gamers in foreign markets. And this is despite the fact that the brand recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. But youth does not prevent the manufacturer from creating excellent products, among which we recommend choosing A good revenger gaming mouse for the first acquaintance.
The design of the manipulator is somewhat reminiscent of Razer’s DeathAdder, but still there are many branded features in its appearance. The case of the device is made of smooth gray plastic. The mouse surface gets dirty easily, but it’s just as easy to clean. In addition to a couple of basic buttons and a massive wheel, the Revenger has a DPI toggle at the top. Yes, it is a lever, because it needs to be pulled, and not pressed in the usual sense. There are a couple of additional buttons on the left sidewall.
- protecting the cable from bending;
- luxury corporate identity;
- neat RGB lighting;
- easy DPI switching;
- resolution from 100 to 12000;
- excellent optical sensor.
- the cable is not braided;
- the case is easily stained.
6. Redragon Firestorm Black-Red USB
One of the few laser models in our review of mice. The sensor sensitivity in Redragon Firestorm is 16400 dpi, and to adjust the resolution, there are two buttons next to the wheel at once-to lower and increase. Near the left main key is another one-Rapid Fire, which activates firing bursts in shooters.
On the same side of the mouse, there are 12 programmable buttons arranged in 3 rows. They are highlighted like the logo and wheel. This number of keys can be used mainly in MMO games. However, they are also well suited for linking frequently used commands to them in video editing programs or similar applications.
On the bottom of the mouse is a button for changing profiles (a total of 5 of them are supported). There is also a compartment with 8 weights weighing 2.5 grams each. Another advantage of Redragon Firestorm is a high-quality cable with a braid and a ferrite filter. Like the rodent itself, it is painted in red and black colors.
- ability to adjust the weight;
- quick change of profiles;
- high-quality materials and reliability;
- low noise level;
- a lot of extra buttons;
- the case cover does not get dirty;
- the best balance of price and quality.
- the macro editor is not very convenient.
7. ASUS ROG Pugio Black USB
If excellent quality is more important to you than affordable price, then we recommend buying the ROG Pugio mouse from ASUS. Excellent Assembly, ergonomic symmetrical body, as well as attention to detail – these are the main advantages of this model. ROG Pugio is delivered in a colorful cardboard box, where in addition to the device itself there is a branded sticker, a cloth bag for carrying, as well as a small case where spare switches and replaceable side keys are stored.
The design of the manipulator is strict, the body is made of pleasant plastic with a minimum amount of gloss, which eliminates rapid contamination. There is a light line at the back, which, like the glow of the logo with the wheel, can be configured in the app. The sensor in the reviewed model has a resolution of 7200 dpi and is manufactured by PixArt. There are no complaints about the sensor’s operation. This also applies to switches. By the way, the resource of regular users is stated at the level of 50 million clicks, while the spare ones have only 1 million. But the last few are quieter and are pressed more gently.
- good equipment;
- customizable backlighting;
- OMRON switch resource;
- well-designed design;
- convenient proprietary SOFTWARE;
- full symmetry.
- not too user-friendly side buttons;
- cost compared to competitors.
8. Logitech G G502 Proteus Spectrum Black USB
At all times, Logitech has produced a lot of purely gaming devices. Among them, the convenient G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse deserves special attention. Sales volumes of this manipulator are among the best in the entire history of the manufacturer. The reason for this success is quite simple – an excellent balance of performance, ergonomics and cost. Yes, the price tag of about 5,500 rubles is not particularly low. But a good gaming peripherals are always expensive.
You can also find the G502 Proteus Core mouse on sale. Externally and functionally, it is still the same Spectrum, but with a single-color, rather than customizable backlight.
The mouse allows you to choose the optimal resolution in the range of 200-12000 dpi, which makes it an excellent option for almost any game. You can also adjust the weight, for which a set of 5 weights of 3.6 grams each is provided. They are placed under the lid on the bottom and, due to their shape, also allow you to change the center of gravity. Illumination and other parameters are changed via proprietary software. There is also SOFTWARE for Android and iOS.
- perfect ergonomics;
- easy dpi adjustment;
- sensitive sensor;
- convenient buttons;
- perfectly designed SOFTWARE;
- weight adjustment;
- case materials;
- braid the cable.
- not functions can be useful, but the overpayment for them is noticeable;
- the wheel knocks “on weight”.
9. MSI Clutch GM70 Gaming Mouse Black USB
An excellent mouse for games with a colorful three-dimensional box, a rich delivery package and an equally impressive price tag of about 6,500 rubles. This is the best solution for shooters, with a maximum resolution of 3600 dpi. If you do not take into account some design features, The clutch GM70 is completely symmetrical, so it will suit right-handed and left-handed people.
For convenience, the mouse kit includes replaceable thumb pads that can be installed on each side.
Many users will be pleased that this is both a wired and wireless mouse. Accordingly, the complete 2-meter cable here is completely removable, and you will need to connect it either to work in standard mode, or to charge the battery built into the case. The level of its charge, by the way, can be seen in the proprietary SOFTWARE. There you can also configure the backlight, macros, profiles (up to 5 pieces) and sensor parameters.
- two types of connection;
- built-in battery;
- removable braided cable;
- attractive design;
- symmetrical shape;
- flexible DPI settings;
- replaceable side panels.
- loud sound of pressing buttons;
- functionality of the software.
10. SteelSeries Rival 600 Black USB
Next up is the Rival 600 model. The combination of price and quality in the SteelSeries gaming mouse is extremely attractive. The same can be said about the design of the manipulator. Visually, it is divided into several zones. The two main keys and the back panel are made of soft-touch coating, which is pleasant to the touch, but easily gets dirty. The sidewalls are made of matte plastic, complemented by black silicone pads. They are separated from the back panel by a pair of RGB strips that can be configured independently of each other.
The key feature of the high-quality Rival 600 mouse is the ability to adjust the weight on several axes, for which there are weights (four 4-gram metal blocks each) under the removable side panels. The manufacturer claims to support 256 configurations, if you take into account the options with all weights and without them at all. It is nice that for convenient storage of “kettlebell” in the kit there is a special silicone case.
- removable Micro-USB cable;
- works perfectly on any surface;
- flexible weight adjustment;
- unique design;
- high-quality Assembly;
- the design of the manipulator;
- eight zones of lighting.
- the high cost;
- it gets very dirty.
11. ASUS ROG Gladius II Black USB
If we talk about which gaming mouse is better in the ASUS product range, then the ROG Gladius II is a kind of ideal for us. This model, unlike the previously discussed solution of the Taiwanese manufacturer, is designed exclusively for right-handers. The complete set of the device is also quite good – two replaceable switches from Omron, the resource of which is equal to 1 million clicks, as well as a pair of cables with a length of 1 and 2 meters (the latter is enclosed in a high-quality black braid).
Both the cable connectors and the mouse connector are gold-plated, which almost eliminates the negative impact of electromagnetic interference. In the ASUS ROG Gladius II model, the logo, wheel and a thin strip at the bottom almost around the entire perimeter of the case are highlighted. To adjust the color and type of glow, use proprietary software. You can also adjust the parameters of each of the buttons.
Traditionally, there are 2 main keys on top, a wheel and a DPI switch button. Three more are located on the left sidewall. By default, they are responsible for forward and backward actions, as well as reducing the sensor resolution (range from 50 to 12000 dpi).
- beautiful lighting;
- perfect build;
- convenient proprietary SOFTWARE;
- Pixart PMW3390 sensor;
- very reliable switches;
- optical sensitivity;
- two replaceable cables.
- silicone pad mounting;
- weight in 124 g.
12. Razer Naga Trinity Black USB
It is unlikely that Anyone in the top of mice will be able to beat Razer. This manufacturer is able to create not just good, but great devices. True, and their price is appropriate. For the selected Naga Trinity Black, for example, you will have to pay an impressive 7,500 rubles. But if you are a real MMO fan, then you should pay this amount.
A key feature of the reviewed model is the presence of replaceable side panels. The kit includes a standard “sidewall” with forward/backward buttons, as well as two blocks for 12 buttons in 3 rows and 7 buttons arranged in a circle.
The popular Razer mouse model is made of good matte plastic. It is tenacious, does not collect fingerprints and is not subject to rapid wear. A rubberized ring with RGB illumination is located between the pair of main keys of the rodent. It is also present on the logo and 2 multifunctional panels. The latter, by the way, are fixed with magnets.
- 1000 Hz polling rate;
- 16000 dpi resolution;
- a convenient form;
- built-in memory;
- branded chroma lighting;
- excellent ergonomics;
- excellent software;
- there are many buttons available (up to 19 pieces).
What to pay attention to when choosing a gaming mouse
The criteria for selecting office and gaming models are somewhat different. If in the first case, convenience and quality are most important, then a good gaming mouse should meet a much larger number of requirements. The main parameters of gaming mice are:
- A type of sensor.There are optical and laser types. The latter are less common, but undemanding to the surface and consume a minimum of energy. Optical mice, in turn, are cheaper and not overly sensitive, which often interferes with working with graphics and computer games. Therefore, they are more common.
- Resolution.Until recently, the resolution of optics was inferior to the laser, but today they are equal. Now there are several dozen models on the market with a sensor sensitivity of 12 or even 16 thousand DPI. But these are redundant values that can only be revealed by the MOBA genre. For high accuracy of aiming in shooters, a resolution of 1600 DPI is usually enough.
- Design and ergonomics.Most devices on the market are aimed exclusively at right-handers. Mice for left-handers are very rarely produced, so such buyers will have to settle for completely symmetrical options. The case material is also important. All-plastic models are not well suited for long gaming sessions, and in General they are too slippery. In good mice, there are rubber inserts on the sidewalls. But the top can be ordinary plastic, which for convenience and beauty can have a soft-touch coating. But keep in mind that it gets dirty.
- Additional buttons.No gaming mouse can do without them. The number of keys should be selected depending on the discipline. So, the shooter is unlikely to need a lot of buttons. But in RPGs and strategies, they will be very useful.
- Lighting and software.Almost all modern gaming mice have RGB-illumination of the casing. Sometimes it is not set up, in other cases it depends on the selected resolution, but more often you can choose everything “for yourself” in the branded application. The latter also allows you to configure macros and profiles.
Which gaming mouse is best to buy
Among the inexpensive models, the A4Tech and COUGAR brands performed best. A very decent option is also offered by the Russian manufacturer Qcyber. If the choice of mouse for games for you is not limited to the budget, then the Razer Naga Trinity with replaceable side panels is the ideal option. However, its capabilities may seem excessive for some users. In this case, the options from Logitech or ASUS are just what you need. And if sometimes you want or need to work without wires, then the best purchase will be a mouse from the popular Taiwanese company MSI.