To correctly translate images and texts into digital form, a specialized technique is used. The popularity of color scanners is explained by the reasonable price and high quality of copies. Modern models are characterized by easy operation and economical power consumption. This review contains the best scanners that have received high ratings from experts and ordinary users. With the help of the information provided, it is not difficult to find the ideal option for solving certain tasks.
The best manufacturers of scanners
- When choosing a brand, you should pay attention to the following information about the profile brands::
Canon(Japan) is a well-known manufacturer with extensive experience in creating reliable household and office equipment. The first copying machines with cartridges were created by the company’s engineers in 1935.
- Under the brand nameEpson(Japan) offers a wide range of equipment with improved performance. New developments are based on innovative solutions. Our own representative office in Moscow provides a high-quality organization of the dealer network’s activities in the territory of the Russian Federation.
- The world’s largest manufacturerHP(Hewlett-Packard, USA) produces reliable equipment. Scanners of this brand retain their original consumer parameters for a long time in intensive operation mode.
Improving production processes and development technologies allows lesser-known brands to offer competitive products to potential customers. You can find out which scanner is actually better after a detailed study of the Mustek, Avision, DOKO, and Czur techniques.
When comparing several models the experts recommend in the complex to evaluate several important parameters:
- CIS sensors are distinguished by their affordable price and compact size;
- similar functional components created using CCD technology provide a professional level of quality;
- if there is a large volume of work operations, check whether the automatic sheet feed device has the following parameters:;
- some models are equipped with an additional block for scanning slides;
- serial scanners are designed for processing A4, A3 formats;
- to translate a printed text into the form of an electronic document, 24-bit color rendering is sufficient.;
- to get high-quality material for computer graphics processing (photos), the color depth is increased to 48 bits;
- some scanners can be powered via a standard USB cable.
In any case, you need to clarify the compatibility of peripheral equipment with a specific computer operating system. Sometimes size, weight, noise, or other additional characteristics are crucial.
The best flatbed scanners
The classic design ensures uniform pressure on the document, which improves the quality of the copy. Flatbed scanners are suitable for scanning books, magazines, and stitched documents. The minimum number of moving parts in these scanners reduces the likelihood of breakdowns. When placing equipment-leave enough free space on top for convenient execution of work operations.
1. Canon CanoScan LiDE 400
This compact model occupies the first position in the ranking of scanners. At an affordable price, the Canon CanoScan LiDE 400 provides the fastest operating cycle execution speed compared to its counterparts (A4 sheet in 8 seconds). to connect to external devices, you can use the state-of-the-art Type C interface, which is compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 versions.two-Step closing allows you to use the intermediate position to scan magazines and other thick printed materials. If necessary, the equipment is fixed in a vertical position with a special stand.
- best flatbed scanner for copy creation speed;
- three-color LiDE illumination that improves natural color reproduction;
- wide range of user settings for accurate correction;
- power supply via USB cable;
- reliable and practical operation;
- a budget model with excellent consumer characteristics.
- to fully use the functionality, you must first install new drivers.
2. Epson Perfection V370 Photo
The built-in adapter provides high-quality slide scanning, so you don’t need to purchase a separate device to create an archive of home photos. The main functions of this compact, the scanner performs flawlessly. The enhanced mode provides a resolution of up to 12800 x 12800 dpi. This parameter fully corresponds to the professional level. The standard package includes ABBYY FineReader and other software for processing created materials.
- the scanner is ideal for home and small office use;
- universal equipment for working with documents, snapshots, and photographic film;
- high resolution;
- it works fast;
- reasonable cost;
- high-quality Assembly;
- a good set of official software at no extra cost.
- the smallest specks of dust are clearly visible on the black case.
3. Mustek A3 1200S
This model of scanner is purchased to scan large formats (up to A3). These features are not often required for home use. This technique is used to scan drawings and project documentation. With the help of the included software, the created material is converted to a text or graphic file. The function of transmitting data by e-mail or Fax to the recipient is automated.
- reliable professional scanner for intensive use in the office;
- the ability to work with documents in A3 format;
- a quick scan;
- automatic detection of the working size;
- convenient technical markup that simplifies the correct positioning of sheets.
- when scanning large formats using the maximum resolution, the working cycle duration increases to 40-50 seconds.
4. Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120
The main advantage of this scanner model is the ability to use automatic feed with two-way scanning. Up to 50 sheets can be loaded into the tray. When working in black-and-white mode, a fairly high speed is provided (up to 20 pages / min). The technician independently detects the presence of empty sheets, which eliminates unnecessary work operations. The user can quickly configure the permission.
- the best flatbed scanner with a built-in broach mechanism;
- the correct workflow automation;
- easy to use;
- easy to maintain;
- excellent image quality;
- size recognition.
- standard software does not automatically generate a folder with date numbering.
The best broaching scanners
Scanners of this category are equipped with a tray and a specialized device for automatic sheet feeding. This technique is designed to scan a large number of pages without too much load on the user. This means that the source materials and output parameters are similar, so no additional configuration is required in the work cycle.
1. Avision MiWand 2 Wi-Fi PRO
The first position in the TOP 4 broach scanners is determined by the sum of positive features. This compact model is able to perform its functions in Autonomous mode with the use of power from an external battery. To connect, you can use a wireless Wi-Fi connection, so it is permissible to freely move equipment within the boundaries of the zone of confident signal reception. The built-in storage device (128 GB) is suitable for storing a large amount of information.
- the best combination of price and quality in the category of broach scanners;
- high-quality leveling broach mechanism;
- compact size (32.2 x 5.7 x 6.9 cm);
- built-in storage device;
- micro SD card slot;
- ability to connect a rechargeable battery;
- weight 650 g.
- compatible with PC only.
2. Canon P-215II
If the scan is performed infrequently, high performance is not required. A resolution of no more than 600×600 dpi is sufficient for reading documents. The compact size of the scanner makes it easier to choose where to store it. USB power is useful for quick connection to different computers. If you have similar initial requirements, we recommend paying attention to the Canon P-215II.
This reliable scanner provides two-way reading of information with a speed of up to 15 pages (b / W) per minute. The technique is compatible with PC and MAC. Standard SOFTWARE without additional drivers automatically sets the initial settings. You can use a 20-sheet tray for loading.
- one of the best scanners for the office with limited work volume requirements;
- minimum noise level;
- two-way reading of information;
- compatible with different OS types.
- the relatively low resolution is only suitable for scanning documents.
3. Brother ADS-1100W
This model stores information on a flash drive, converts it to text using specialized SOFTWARE, and sends it to the user-defined E-mail address. Using Wi-Fi, the Brother ADS-1100W broach scanner connects to a local network or directly to mobile equipment. The feeder retains its functionality when working with envelopes, receipts, and other non-standard source materials.
- elegant appearance;
- quick access to the most essential features;
- good scanner for home and small office use;
- two-way scanning;
- universal interface;
- high-quality Assembly;
- built-in Wi-Fi block.
- there is no automatic detection of sheets loaded in the tray.
4. HP ScanJet Pro 2000 s1
This high-quality scanner digitizes up to 2 thousand pages of regulatory loading documentation. This is quite enough to meet the needs of small and medium-sized offices. This compact scanner takes up limited space. Stylish appearance matches the business interior. The large tray holds up to 50 standard sheets. Careful user control is not necessary, as the feed mechanism with guide elements performs its functions flawlessly.
- scan start mode at the set time (Instant-on);
- good performance (up to 30 ppm);
- convert to JPEG, BMP, PDF, PNG, TIFF, txt, rtf files;
- reliable operation;
- responsible Assembly.
- reviews confirm that there are no significant drawbacks.
Best camera scanners
Camera scanners are designed according to a special scheme. The illuminated camera is mounted on a special tripod. An open workspace allows for free movement of objects. These designs are used for scanning large books and other materials with non-standard dimensions.
1. Czur ET16
The large working area of the scanner provides convenient conditions for scanning thick volumes. Experts recommend using Czur ET16 for digitizing archival materials. For the convenience of users, special devices and devices are included as standard with the scanner: a floor pedal, an external button, and a Mat.
When the corresponding mode is activated, scanning is performed automatically after turning each page. The image from the camera can be displayed on a monitor (projector) using an HDMI cable. In this case, the universal technique is used for presentations. The built-in microphone is used to record audio simultaneously.
- first place in the rating of scanners in the camera category;
- robust, non-collapsible design;
- large area for placing source materials;
- ability to record video and audio;
- built-in backlight with level adjustment;
- display for operation control of the image;
- extended configuration at no extra charge;
- scan to A3 format;
- camera resolution 4,608 x 3,456 dpi;
- data storage device (1 GB);
- wireless Wi-Fi connection.
- high cost.
2. DOKO BS16
The manufacturer’s instructions specify the maximum A3 format. However, according to user reviews, to work with larger materials, it is enough to raise the camera to the appropriate height. The resolution of the matrix is enough to create clear images up to the size of the A2 standard. Uniform illumination is provided by 10 LEDs with adjustable brightness.
The universal model of the photoapparvtny scanner is well adapted for carrying out lectures, presentations, and other events. You can use the VGA or HDMI output to output the video signal online.
- instant scan – 1 second;
- full basic configuration;
- FullHD support;
- ability to connect an external disk or memory card.
- lack of manual focus;
- compatible with Windows only.
Which scanner is better to buy
The wide range makes it difficult to choose. To avoid errors, it is better to buy a scanner with a certain margin of resolution. This approach will prevent problems when processing small details in images. Some of the original defects is very difficult to eliminate with the use of specialized software.
The review presents the best scanner models for comprehensive analysis of consumer parameters. The buyer needs to take into account the features of actual operation. In addition to the basic technical specifications, it is recommended to check compatibility with the connected equipment and network infrastructure.