Sooner or later, every housewife is faced with the question of buying a high-quality kitchen stove.
The situation may be aggravated by the fact that there is no free space to install a stand-alone model.
In this case, it is not easy to choose: the stove should not take up too much space and at the same time be quite functional.
The best option in this situation will be two-burner electric cookers.
Features and operating principle
The main feature of table electric stoves with two burners is their width.
Such models work from the electrical network and their design can be very diverse. The hob’s hotplates can be hidden or hidden under the hob surface, and it can be installed either parallel or perpendicular to the worktable.
Desktop electric stoves are divided into several types depending on the type of heating element:
- with cast-iron hotplates, similar to a pancake;
- with spiral Heating elements;
- with induction burners.
In the case of induction burners, the situation is different. The principle of operation of such models is based on electromagnetic induction. Under the cooking surface of the stove is an induction coil, which moves the current.
As soon as dishes are placed on the surface of the stove, induction currents begin to heat it.
Advantages and disadvantages
Small two-burner cookers have many advantages:
- a wide range that will allow even the most fastidious buyer to make a choice;
- safety, compared to gas stoves;
- multi-level setting of hotplate heating, which makes it possible to adjust the cooking process;
- convenient operation of the stove;
- high power output;
- easy to care for.
But despite all these advantages, electric stoves have their drawbacks:
- using special dishes with a thick and even bottom;
- not being able to cook during a power outage;
- no oven;
- the cost of an electric stove is more than its gas counterpart.
How to choose?
Due to the fact that table plates are becoming more popular every year, manufacturers are trying to replenish their ranks with new models and improve existing ones.
To choose the right electric stove for two burners, you need to pay attention to several parameters::
- Cooking surface. The material of the cooking surface can be enamel, stainless steel, glass-ceramic and tempered glass. Surfaces made of the latter two materials are always perfectly smooth and speed up the cooking process. However, unlike enamel and steel, they are more vulnerable — they are afraid of bumps, dirt and even sugar grains.
- Type of heating element. Cast-iron pancakes heat up and cool down longer than others. Ten is more durable, plates with such a heating element have less weight. Induction models are the most expensive, but they allow you to accurately set the temperature, quickly heat up and quickly cool down. However, the repair of such models is quite expensive.
- Color and design. Today, manufacturers offer a huge number of design solutions, so that everyone will choose the stove to their liking.
- Price. The cost of the plate directly depends on its functionality and technical characteristics.
- Sizes. To choose the size of the plate, before buying it, you should first decide on the place where it will be installed and make the necessary measurements.