A car compressor is a device that every motorist should have-at least just in case.
Catch a nail on the road can be both a Bentley and a Lada, and the spare wheel can fail with insufficient pressure from lying down for a long time.
But before directly considering several of the best automotive compressors, we will traditionally “go through” the theory of the issue: we need to understand the main types, differences, advantages and disadvantages.
What is a compressor?
Today, there are two types on the market: a reciprocating compressor and a diaphragm compressor.
Ina reciprocating compressorby analogy with a conventional Bicycle pump, the piston performs reciprocating movements, which pump air inside. The main advantage of such a system is high productivity and a low percentage of breakdowns due to the elementary design.
One of the disadvantages is that the compressor gets very hot, because the piston rubs against the cylinder walls. For this reason, it will be better to choose compressors with a metal cylinder — it better removes the heat generated by friction.
There is also no high-quality filtration system for incoming air — small particles of sand can get inside and prematurely wear out the piston.
However, practice shows that this process takes a long time and the compressor is likely to break down for another reason.
Diaphragm compressors (they are the same —vibratory devices)air is pumped at the expense of a rubber cloth, which also performs reciprocating movements.
The main advantage of this type is the absence of actively rubbing parts, since the only part that can break is a small piece of rubber. By the way, it is easy to replace it.
The disadvantage of such a compressor is productivity and difficulty in operation, because at low temperatures the rubber structure simply compacts, its elasticity is lost, and as a result, productivity drops noticeably. At subzero temperatures, the rubber membrane may freeze and fail.
How to choose the right compressor?
Choosing a good car compressor, you should go through several important and a couple of simply useful “on the farm” filters. What you need to pay attention to first:
- onpressure. This parameter is very important and, at the same time, secondary. Why? Everything is quite simple — even the simplest car compressors can develop tire pressure to the desired values (usually 2-4 atmospheres). If the kit is purchased for an SUV, there will be enough 8-10 atmospheres.
- next, you can pay attention toperformanceThis is one of the most important indicators, as it depends on how fast the compressor can deliver speeds in the range of 30 liters per minute. This will be more than enough to inflate the R15 wheel in a few minutes. Wheels with a larger radius will be inflated somewhat longer.
- You need to choose according to a simple principle — the morethe radius of the wheel, the more productive and powerful the compressor should be.
- Next, you need to inspectpressure gauge. This is an important part of any car compressor. If you focus on the indicators of this device, you can easily increase the tire pressure to the desired values. Today, almost all compressors are equipped with two types of pressure gauges — analog or digital. In our case, the digital version will be the best choice, since it is more accurate and does not undergo vibrations and shocks from the compressor mechanism itself. This, however, does not change the fact that it is recommended to check the output pressure with third-party devices.
- Inspect itconnection type. Most automotive compressors are equipped with a classic power connector that connects to the car cigarette lighter socket. However, powerful versions are equipped with crocodile terminals. This is done specifically to avoid possible overload of the onboard power supply.
- Also, you need to pay attention topay attention to small things that may affect performance or complexity of operation, such as the “hitchhiking” function. If the compressor is equipped with it, it automatically stops the pressure supply when it reaches the set parameter.
- Bleed valve. It is very convenient if the driver often travels and wants to save gas by raising and lowering the tire pressure.
- It is extremely useful that the complete set with the compressor has differentadapters, since you can pump up not only wheels, but also boats, mattresses, and balls.
Top of the best auto-compressors
When choosing a high-quality compressor, you can go two ways: buy a similar one that a friend already has (we will assume that his reviews of this device will be honest) or pay attention to the range of models of online stores, since there are more than enough reviews of motorists there.
AIRLINE 400 and AIRLINE 500
Outside of the “rating”, it is worth presenting a couple of basic models that are driven not by on-Board electricity, but by the muscle power of the driver directly: the airline 400 foot pump and the airline 500 manual pump.
In addition to the very traditional design and complexity of breaking anything in them, they have a low cost (up to 1000 rubles), an analog pressure gauge and the ability to raise the tire pressure to 8 atmospheres.
How much time and effort it will take is, of course, a separate question.
- In addition to the design differences, they have a small difference in hoses (the foot one has a “spiral” by 1.5 meters, and the manual one is equipped with a regular straight rubber tube) and the volume of the working cylinder (400 “cubes” for the AIRLINE 400 model, 500 — respectively for the AIRLINE 500)
- For the price of 1000 rubles, this is an excellent budget option, which is:
electric compressor equipped with an analog pressure gauge;
- able to inflate the tire to 15 atmospheres;
- its average capacity is 40 l / min, which is already a gift for such money;
- it is powered by a 12 V network (“crocodile” from the battery);
- current consumption 15 A;
- power consumption 150 W;
- hose length 1.5 meters;
- and the power cable can reach 3.6 m in length;
- the kit includes a briefcase;
- the maximum continuous operation time of this compressor is half an hour.
- its metal body perfectly resists damage and protects the mechanism from breakage. For such a price, it is difficult to find a compressor of similar performance in a metal case.
The price of this bright and quite productive compressor ranges from 1600 rubles to 2500 rubles.
this is an electric compressor with an analog pressure gauge;
- its maximum pressure is 10 atmospheres;
- specific capacity 40 l / min;
- power is supplied from the 12 V mains;
- current consumption 21 A:
- the kit includes a spiral hose with a length of 4 m, a power cord – 2 m;
- there is a convenient case. It weighs all of 1.5 kg;
- It should be noted that the pressure gauge is located directly on the hose, which facilitates the pumping process.
Consider another product from Airline, namely the airline X5 compressor. The cost is in the region of 2,000 rubles.
it’s a two-cylinder engine;
- equipped with an electric compressor and an analog pressure gauge;
- develops a maximum pressure of up to 10 atmospheres;
- capacity 50 l / min;
- standard power supply-12 V;
- current consumption 120 W;
- hose length 125 cm;
- cord length — 2 meters;
- uptime is 15 minutes.
- a special feature is a pair of pistons;
- its power is sufficient not only for passenger cars, but also for crossovers.
Here we have reached the compressors with digital pressure gauges. Which, in addition, can be removed. Its price starts from 2500 — 2600 rubles.
- its pressure is 7.8 atmospheres;
- capacity 40 l / min;
- power supply 12 volts;
- current consumption 8 amps;
- the barbell is very short — only 50 cm, but the power cord is 3.5 m.;
- the kit includes a case, its dimensions are quite compact, and the weight is 2.5 kg.
- additional features — the R15 wheel inflates up to 2.5 atmospheres in just 3 minutes;
- the kit includes a set of nozzles and 4 caps;
- continuous operation time is 25 minutes. This is a great solution with a beautiful digital removable media, but since the capacity is only 40 l / min, this option is only suitable for passenger cars.
Just in case, it is worth noting that like many well-known brands, Korean Daewoo has nothing to do with the production of this pump. And in the Network it is quite possible to find exactly the same compressors, but “produced” by other well-known manufacturers. However, this does not change the overall rather pleasant quality of the device both in life and in work.
The compressor is already a characteristic “bright” design has a pleasant night advantage of a built-in led light and a pair of cylinders available, which is clearly able to reduce the repair time on the road.
- the kit includes a flashlight and a case;
- electric compressor, with analog pressure gauge;
- develops pressure up to 10 atmospheres, can pump 50 l/min.;
- 12 volt power supply;
- power consumption 220 W;
- the hose length is 40 cm and the power cord length is 2 m;
- the dimensions are quite compact, but the weight already reaches 2.5 kg.
- the metal body will protect it from damage of any nature, and the power will allow you to pump up wheels with a radius of R15 and higher.
Then there are compressors of the highest price category. The average price is 3,500 rubles.
electric two-cylinder compressor equipped with an analog pressure gauge;
- a maximum pressure of 10 atmospheres;
- the capacity is quite high — 75 l / min;
- powered by 12 volts;
- current consumption 10 amps;
- power 300 watts;
- the hose is very long-8 m;
- power supply hose-2.5 m.;
- uptime is half an hour.
Nothing extra is included in the package and there is enough power to pump very large wheels in a short time. A bonus can be considered a small compartment on top, where useful small things “hide”.
Premium compressor, average price 7,500 rubles. In addition to the impressive price tag, it boasts self-sufficient battery power, which will allow you to inflate the same boat or mattress immediately near the water with much greater comfort.
electric compressor with analog pressure gauge;
- develops pressure up to 8 atmospheres;
- it has a capacity of 40 l / min;
- the current consumption is only 10 amps, but all this miracle weighs 7 kg.;
- it is powered by a 40 Volt network.
- very good solution with a built-in battery, not powered from the onboard network;
- in addition, the kit includes a set of attachments for all cases;
Such an option could be confidently recommended for tourist trips, but it should be borne in mind that the unit is quite large — which means that it will take up much more useful space in the trunk than less “pumped” competitors.
Based on the price-quality ratio, we can conclude that the compressor should not only have high performance, but also not be too expensive.
Battery-powered compressors (for example, the latest Greenworks G40AC) are convenient in the end use, but expensive to purchase and larger in their “passive” state.
Plus, of course, separately the battery itself, which in a difficult situation can suddenly fail, and” in any store ” it is definitely not sold.
An alternative is traditional compressors with one or two (“for growth” or according to our recommendations at the beginning of the article) pistons, connected either directly to the battery or to the on-Board network via the cigarette lighter socket. The latter is more the prerogative of” Junior ” models, since high-performance compressors can load the vehicle’s onboard network well.
And, of course, a separate question as to the quality of the compressor externally (precision casting plastic, no rough edges, overall its performance is outstanding “dismantle” origin), and its additions in the form of power cable and hose for air. Low-quality elements can fail (short-circuit and bleed air, respectively), so attention to detail when choosing a good car compressor is not a small thing at all.
And let this certainly useful car gadget you will not need on the road better!
And, of course, pay attention to our tire collections:
- summer services
- all-season options
- for off-road vehicles
- Velcro fasteners (friction ones)
Rating (TOP-6) of the best pressure gauges of 2021-2022 based on user reviews
- Best products for cars
- Rating of pressure gauges 2021-2022
High-quality tires with the right pressure are an essential element of safe driving. A lot depends on the pressure in the tires — rubber wear, additional fuel consumption, safety. For accurate measurement and monitoring of tire pressure, automobile pressure gauges are used. Moreover, this device can also measure the compression in the engine or the amount of pressure in the fuel system.
Motorists use either arrow pressure gauges or electronic ones. Mechanical dial gauges are most widely used, their cost is low, they are quite accurate, and the measurement process itself is completely uncomplicated.
Electronic pressure gauges are gradually replacing mechanical devices. Such devices are distinguished by high measurement accuracy, compact size, and versatility. Any electronic pressure gauge is equipped with an LCD screen, so that the measured values are clear to any driver.
We have compiled a list of the best pressure gauges based on expert reviews of specialists and reviews from real customers. Our recommendations will help you make a choice that meets your requirements and desires. There are many competitors on the global hardware market, but we have selected the best manufacturers and recommend that you pay special attention to them:
For car Digital Analog tires * Prices are valid at the time of publication and are subject to change without prior notice. Automotive / for tires / Digital
- The state-of-the-art digital pressure gauge provides high accuracy in measuring the car’s tire pressure, which increases driving safety and extends the service life of tires.
- The electronic pressure detection system is the most advanced and allows you to evaluate the result in various measurement systems
- The ease of use of the device impresses, it only needs to be connected to the tire nipple and the result is immediately recorded on a miniature scoreboard.
- The power device is supplied from three batteries of type LR44, after measuring pressure manometer is disconnected, thus greatly prolongs the service life of batteries
- The digital LCD display with bright illumination ensures reliable recording of results even in the dark
Automotive / for tires / Digital
- The digital pressure gauge makes it possible to measure and control the working pressure in the car’s tires. The device is equipped with a pull-out device for measuring the tire tread depth
- The product is characterized by good ergonomics, the device is made of durable plastic in the form of a carabiner, which makes it convenient for storage
- The LCD display is characterized by a fairly large size and a good number value, bright illumination helps to use the device in the evening
- An additional service convenience can be called a threaded fitting for reliable storage of the cap from the nipple
- Thanks to the small built-in led flashlight, it is possible to highlight the desired nipple in the dark
Show all products in the category “For tires” Automotive / for tires / Digital
- The functionality of the pressure gauge is expanded thanks to a hammer for force majeure and a safety belt cutter, which are integrated into the structure.
- The device is self-powered by two AG8 batteries, which ensure uninterrupted operation for several months
- A bright built-in LED flashlight ensures full operation in the dark. Power is provided by two AAA batteries
- One of the main advantages of the pressure gauge is its low weight, only 150 g, which makes it easy to operate
- The case of the device is made of durable ABS plastic, the digital indicator is quite convenient for reading information, the push-button operation is intuitive
Show all products in the category “Digital” Automotive / Analog / for tires
- A highly accurate device that allows you to check the tire pressure of a car, especially useful when driving on different road surfaces
- The arrow scale, marked up to 2.5 atmospheres, makes it easy to visually record the pressure in two measuring systems
- In the complete set there is a convenient bag-case for transportation and storage of the pressure gauge.
- The venting function provided by the pressure gauge system with a deflator-type release valve is very useful when driving on weakly containing soils and rough terrain
- The device is a mechanical type, made of high-strength metal and does not require electrical power
Automotive / Analog / For tires
- Inflating pneumatic tires, venting excess pressure, measuring pressure – all this can be done by a multifunctional pressure gauge from JONNESWAY
- A connecting hose with a fitting at the end makes it possible to pump up the wheel if necessary
- The arrow scale is the most convenient for visual inspection, and the measurement result can be evaluated in two systems:
- The convenient tire pumping mechanism is made of high-quality metal, and the flexible hose material guarantees its long-term operation.
- The valve-fitting at the end of the hose is made of selected brass and provides a tight connection with the nipple
Show all products in the “analog” category»
Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB laptop (81DE02VRRU)
The Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB laptop is suitable for watching HD videos, surfing the Internet, three-dimensional modeling, and even playing games. It is equipped with a powerful Intel Core i3 processor and a discrete graphics card. Mobile take long journeys with this laptop. Its battery is designed for six hours of battery life.
A 15-minute charge during a coffee break will increase this figure by another two hours. A Special coating protects the case from scratches and chips, helping to maintain the presentable appearance of the device. High rubberized legs increase the stability of the laptop and improve its cooling.
Music listen to your favorite tracks, watch movies, and play without headphones. The powerful Dolby Audio system delivers loud surround sound. Read more
|Diagonal/resolution||15.6″/1920 × 1080 pixels.|
|Processor type||Core i3-7020U 2.3ГГц|
|Random access memory (RAM) ?||4 GB|
|Graphic controller||GeForce MX150 2ГБ|
|Intel Optane system memory||16 GB|
|Operating system||Windows 10 Home 64|
|HDD capacity||1 TB|
|Battery life||up to 6 hours|
Instructions for Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB (81DE02VRRU)
Download the certificate of conformity
pdf 4.1 Mb Full information about the product, manufacturer, configuration, technical characteristics and functions is contained in the technical documentation.
You can buy a Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB laptop (81DE02VRRU) in M. Video stores at an affordable price. Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB laptop (81DE02VRRU): description, photos, specifications, customer reviews, instructions and accessories.
View all Lenovo Laptops
kuch ⟺ Kuch
Thermally conductive pressure gauges are based on reducing the thermal conductivity of a gas with pressure. In such pressure gauges, a filament is built in, which heats up when current is passed through it. A thermocouple or resistance temperature sensor (DOTS) can be used to measure the filament temperature.
This temperature depends on the rate at which the filament transfers heat to the surrounding gas and thus on the thermal conductivity. A Pirani pressure gauge is often used, which uses a single platinum filament both as a heating element and as a DOT. These pressure gauges give accurate readings between 10 and 10-3 mmHg.
, but they are quite sensitive to the chemical composition of the measured gases.
Two filaments of incandescent light
One wire coil is used as a heater, while the other is used to measure temperature through convection.
Piranha pressure gauge (single thread)
The Pirani pressure gauge consists of a metal wire exposed to the measured pressure. The wire is heated by the current flowing through it and cooled by the surrounding gas.
As the gas pressure decreases, the cooling effect also decreases and the equilibrium temperature of the wire increases.
The resistance of a wire is a function of temperature: by measuring the voltage across the wire and the current flowing through it, the resistance (and thus the gas pressure) can be determined. This type of pressure gauge was first designed by Marcello Pirani.
Thermocouple and thermistor pressure gauges work in a similar way. The difference is that a thermocouple and a thermistor are used to measure the temperature of the filament.
Measuring range: 10 -3-10 mmHg (roughly 10 -1-1000 PA)
Ionization pressure gauge
Ionization pressure gauges are the most sensitive measuring instruments for very low pressures. They measure pressure indirectly by measuring the ions produced when a gas is bombarded with electrons.
The lower the density of the gas, the less ions will be formed. Calibration of the ion pressure gauge is unstable and depends on the nature of the measured gases, which is not always known.
They can be calibrated by comparing them with a Macleod pressure gauge, which is significantly more stable and chemical-independent.
Thermoelectrons collide with gas atoms and generate ions. The ions are attracted to the electrode at a suitable voltage, known as a collector. The collector current is proportional to the ionization rate, which is a function of the system pressure. Thus, measuring the collector current allows you to determine the gas pressure. There are several subtypes of ionization pressure gauges.
Measuring range: 10 -10 — 10 -3 mmHg (roughly 10 -8 — 10 -1 PA)
Most ion pressure gauges are divided into two types: hot cathode and cold cathode. The third type-a pressure gauge with a rotating rotor-is more sensitive and expensive than the first two and is not discussed here. In the case of a hot cathode, an electrically heated filament creates an electron beam.
The electrons pass through the pressure gauge and ionize the gas molecules around them. The resulting ions are collected on a negatively charged electrode. The current depends on the number of ions, which in turn depends on the gas pressure. Hot cathode pressure gauges accurately measure pressure in the range of 10 -3 mmHg to 10 -10 mmHg.
however, the principle Of a cold cathode pressure gauge is the same, except that electrons are generated in the discharge by a high-voltage electric discharge. Cold cathode pressure gauges accurately measure pressure in the range of 10-2 mmHg to 10-9 mmHg.
Calibration of ionization gauges is very sensitive to structural geometry, chemical composition of the measured gases, corrosion and surface deposition. Their calibration may become unusable when turned on at atmospheric and very low pressure.
The composition of the vacuum at low pressures is usually unpredictable, so the mass spectrometer must be used simultaneously with the ionization pressure gauge for accurate measurements.
An ionization gauge with a hot Bayard-Alpert cathode usually consists of three electrodes operating in triode mode, where the cathode is a filament. The three electrodes are a collector, a filament, and a grid. Collector current is measured in picoamperes by an electrometer.
The potential difference between the filament and the ground is usually 30 V, while the grid voltage under constant pressure is 180-210 volts, if there is no optional electronic bombardment, through heating the grid, which can have a high potential of approximately 565 Volts.
The most common ion pressure gauge is a Bayard — Alpert hot cathode with a small ion collector inside the grid. A glass casing with a hole to the vacuum can surround the electrodes, but usually it is not used and the pressure gauge is built into the vacuum device directly and the contacts are output through a ceramic Board in the wall of the vacuum device.
Hot-cathode ionization gauges can be damaged or lose calibration if they are turned on at atmospheric pressure or even at low vacuum. Measurements of hot-cathode ionization gauges are always logarithmic.
The electrons emitted by the filament move several times in the forward and reverse directions around the grid until they hit it. During these motions, some of the electrons collide with gas molecules and form electron-ion pairs (electron ionization).
The number of such ions is proportional to the density of gas molecules multiplied by the thermoelectronic current, and these ions fly to the collector, forming an ion current. Since the density of gas molecules is proportional to the pressure, the pressure is estimated by measuring the ion current.
The low pressure sensitivity of hot cathode pressure gauges is limited by the photoelectric effect. Electrons hitting the grid produce x-rays, which produce photoelectric noise in the ion collector. This limits the range of older hot cathode pressure gauges to 10 -8 mmHg and Bayard-Alpert to approximately 10 -10 mmHg.
however, Additional wires under the cathode potential in the viewing beam between the ion collector and the grid prevent this effect. In the extraction type, the ions are attracted not by a wire, but by an open cone. Since the ions can’t decide which part of the cone to hit, they pass through the hole and form an ion beam. This ion beam can be transmitted to the Faraday mug.
There are two types of cold cathode pressure gauges: the penning pressure gauge (introduced by max Penning), and the inverted magnetron. The main difference between them is the position of the anode relative to the cathode. None of them have an incandescent filament, and each of them requires a voltage of up to 0.4 kV to function. Inverted magnetrons can measure pressures up to 10-12 mmHg.
Such pressure gauges cannot work if the ions generated by the cathode recombine before they reach the anode. If the average free path of the gas is smaller than the dimensions of the pressure gauge, then the current on the electrode disappears. The practical upper limit of the measured pressure of the penning pressure gauge is 10-3 mmHg.
Similarly, cold-cathode pressure gauges may not turn on at very low pressures, as the almost complete absence of gas makes it difficult to establish an electrode current — especially in the penning pressure gauge, which uses an auxiliary symmetric magnetic field to create ion trajectories on the order of meters. In ambient air, suitable ion vapors are generated by exposure to cosmic radiation; the penning pressure gauge has taken measures to facilitate the installation of the discharge path. For example, the electrode in a penning pressure gauge is usually precisely tapped to facilitate field emission of electrons.
Service cycles of cold cathode pressure gauges are generally measured over years, depending on the gas type and pressure in which they operate.
Using a cold-cathode pressure gauge in gases with significant organic components, such as pump oil residues, can lead to the growth of thin carbon films within the pressure gauge, which eventually short-circuit the pressure gauge’s electrodes or prevent the discharge path from being formed.